13 July 2011

Ain't Pullin' Your Long Pine; It's AINSWORTH!!!

Long Pine Bridge on the Cowboy Trail over Pine Creek
Hi folks, live from Ainsworth Public Library. It's been a tough couple o' days. Pretty wet and forecast has more of the same tonight. Last night and this morning I've been struggling with being overwhelmed with my task at hand. I suppose it's normal, just tryin to stay off the MAD HIGHWAY!!! Outlook was better though when I passed over the Pine Creek bridge on the Cowboy Trail. Just awesome. Really lifted my waning spirits. It is beautiful country up here. I love it; the harshness, the solitude and the openness.
This morning I had a surreal moment riding by a large herd of Angus cattle. They were all mooing a very very unnerving tune and I stopped to listen - unnerving it was crazy, it literally sounded like a John Coltrane meditation. I then saw why. Two "Cattle Drive" Peterbuilts were billowing their stacks over the hill.



I hit 300 miles just outside of Ainsworth. Felt good.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

so awesome! glad you've been having a great time and get to experience so many wonderful things. love the pictures too!
~megan

Anonymous said...

Good going Biggins! Very happy for ya. I hit about 25 on the Mopac today..felt good. How is your a-s feeling? Hey, watch out for those NDN's! Be safe!
Carlton

Anonymous said...

Keep hangin' in there, Delan!! It IS a huge endeavor...but then, who am I to tell you that?? Love the pictures--especially the bridge!!

M.o.M. said...

Delan, the picture of the bridge is awesome. How neat to be able to go over it! Hope the one at Valentine is as neat. Yes, the country around Long Pine is very pretty.
Congrats on the 300-mile milestone!! What an accomplishment! Hang in there - we'll talk to you tonight.

Anonymous said...

Your a brave soul. Be safe and happy journeys to you.Keep those beautiful pics coming.Take care friend..MISTIE

ruth said...

delan! i promise you brownies post adventure! right now a guy is at our farm that is 2 months into a cross-country ride. i don't think you will run into him though...he will be sticking more straight across nebr.

it's always the people that make a place special & the amazing small kindnesses they show you! keep your eyes open & pay attention! safe journeys. ruth & fam