10 August 2011

FAC at Carey's Bar in Vermillion, SD

I told these guys when they were done with their set that the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce should pay them for keepin folks in town. I was about to leave Vermillion that Friday afternoon when I heard, through the alley, the drunken, sweet notes of the Public Domain Tune Band. I hurried myself up over to the City Park and set up my tent for the night and rushed back downtown to grab myself an oat soda and listen to these excellent musicians and their boisterous interpretations of old time jazz. Loved it! These guys have been playing together for a long time and it shows. The instruments were in lively conversation all evening. They play every Friday Afternoon at Carey's.

Owen DeJong (Violin), Nick Schwebach (Guitar), Christopher Kocher (Sax) and Larry Rohrer (Bass)


This video has a little different instrumentation than what I saw.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These guys are awesome!!

Ryo Wyo