05 August 2011

Here's Your Dam Tour!

Ok, so time at these public libraries is short so here's a quick video drop of the dams up here in SD. They're all pumpin large water and it's all pretty impressive. I have to admit though that I don't really like the idea of dams even if they do produce electricity.  It's interesting how people change one thing and then have to go back and try to change other things to make things like they were if they hadn't of changed things in the first place. This is evident in the striving to "rescue" the paddlefish and the sturgeon fish or the plover.  You can't have both. I don't think folks should live that close to the river and we should just let the river be the river.  Rant rant rant. Just wait until I start talking about RVs! OK, I won't, but I will say I am never staying at a reservoir again! And now for our feature presentation:

Oahe Dam, North of Pierre, SD




Big Bend Dam, Ft Thompson, SD on the Crow Creek Reservation




Ft. Randall Dam, Pickstown, SD




Gavins Point Dam, Yankton, SD


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I recognize this one!! The water flow is absolutely dizzying!!!